that’s fucking hardcore
This will never be overshared
First Dog on the Moon on … Isis’s letter to the west
Malcolm Turnbull’s 6th review (!) of the NBN has come out, and it suggests that Australian households should be satisfied with an average connection speed of just 14m/bits per second in 2023.
That’s the average connection speed South Koreans have been enjoying since 2009!
We cannot afford to let ourselves fall behind on broadband – it will impair our educational, economic and social development for decades to come.
Please like and share this post if you support Australia having broadband infrastructure fit for the 21st century. #NBN
Today in Solidarity: Protesters gather in Oakland against the Urban Shield conference and police militarization.
Ever wonder where cities get all their fancy ideas on how to militarize their police force? It’s not just from the Pentagon— it’s conferences like Urban Shield, that highlight the latest in tactical equipment and practices for suppressing the very people you’re sworn to serve. #staywoke #whodoyouprotect #whodoyouserve
In honor of my posting on this blog again I want to do a small giveaway to thank my followers for sticking around.
- Rose quartz worry stone
- Chrysoprase tumbled stone
- Green Calcite chunk
- Amethyst pendant
- Break at home geode (not pictured)
- Mystery Prize
- You do not have to be following me, though it is appreciated if you do
- Reblog to enter, 1 reblog=1 entry
- Likes do not count as a entry, though are alright for bookmarking
- No giveaway blogs, and please dont spam your followers
- Removing or editing the text in any way will disqualify you
- Must be 18 years or older to enter, or must have parents permission. As per tumblr guidlines
- Ask box must be open for me to contact you if you win
- Must be willing to give me your shipping address if you win
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected
The giveaway will end Tuesday, September 30th at 8pm Pacific time.
Winner will be chosen via random.org for fairness.
You may reblog as much as you wish, but again please don’t spam your followers
Giveaway is open worldwide, all shipping expenses paid by me.
Winner will not be publicly announced unless they are okay with me doing so (due to past winners of others and my own giveaways receiving hate from those who didn’t win)
This giveaway is in no way affiliated with tumblr.
This is Alexandrite, it’s also called “emerald by day, ruby by night”
It changes colour based on whether the light source is from the sun or from a candle.
It does this because Alexandrite strongly absorbs yellow light due to chromium ions in its crystal structure, leaving the other colours behind. Light from the Sun emits all colours, but it peaks in the green, and our eyes are most sensitive to green, so in Sunlight Alexandrite is green.
Incandescent lights are things like candles and filament light bulbs. They also emit all colours of light, but they peak far, far into the red, so there’s not nearly as much green or blue, so under those, Alexandrite is red.
Gemstones are awesome.
Yo forget diamonds, gimmie THIS as a wedding ring.
This is awesome, this is my birth stone and I never knew it did this! most of the time it just looks kinda grey-purple. Now I want more stuff with my birthstone in it!
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
This Otakon was definitely a great place to find some amazing Kill la Kill cosplays. Here is a collection of some of my favorite characters!
My FB Cosplay page has way more photos. If anyone sees pictures of their cosplay costume and want the original files just let me know. Feel free to tag yourselves as well!